The Fit Kids 360 program was created in Grand Rapids, Michigan and had expanded to include the Detroit Fit Kids 360 program, which is made possible with the generous support of:
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation
- Detroit Health Department
- Detroit Parks and Recreation
- Essential Screen Printing
- Health Net of West Michigan
- IN THE CUT 5k FUN RUN
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Wayne State School of Medicine
- K. Kellogg Foundation
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund
- Whole Foods Market
- Golightly Education Center
Fit Kids 360 is for children 5-17 with a BMI at or above the 85th percentile and their families. Participation in Fit Kids 360 requires a physician referral.
Fit Kids 360 is an 8-week family based lifestyle program that teaches kids and families to eat better and move more Kids and families learn about healthy eating and exercise through interactive lessons, games, Zumba, karate, yoga, and other fun activities.
1 in 3 kids in America are overweight. Being overweight can cause health problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. Eating healthy foods and exercising can make a difference. Fit Kids 360 can help!
Fit Kids 360 and their families:
- COMMIT to attend all 8 sessions
- PARTICIPATE and HAVE FUN.